Monday, May 19, 2008

Documentaries

Over the weekend I watched a couple documentaries, "Lake Of Fire" by Tony Kaye, and "Bowling For Columbine" by Michael Moore.

"Lake Of Fire" is a documentary on abortion in the US, made by Tony Kaye, the same man who directed "American History X". It's pretty recent, released in the US last fall, a very powerful movie, extremely graphic, showing a couple times an abortion being preformed. It clams to be impartial, neither pro-life nor pro-choice favoritism, and in that sense it did a good job of explaining both sides. I can't say that I liked it, because it's not something one enjoys watching, but I did learn quite a bit, coming away with a renewed disgust for the abortion industry, and also a little more sympathy for the pro-choice side.

"Bowling For Columbine" wasn't nearly as good as some of Mr. Moore's other works, I'm a fan of gun control and was hoping that Moore would go into the details, but instead it was more political and anti-Bush. So overall I was disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment